PORTLAND, Oregon — In April, OneTouchPoint, Inc. learned of an attack on its systems. The company provides printing and mailing services to providers and health insurance companies across the nation.
OTP officials said, “On April 28, 2022, OTP discovered encrypted files on certain computer systems. Our investigation determined that there was an unauthorized access to certain OTP servers beginning on April 27, 2022. On June 1, 2022, we learned that we would be unable to determine what specific files the unauthorized actor viewed within the OTP network. We provided a summary of the investigation to our customers beginning on June 3, 2022. OTP later determined that the impacted systems contained certain information related to individuals provided by our customers. While we are unable to say definitively what personal information was accessed by the unauthorized actor, OTP worked with our customers to determine what personal information related to individuals was stored on the OTP network, to whom that information was related, and offered to mail letters to potentially impacted individuals on behalf of these customers. OTP has seen no evidence of misuse of any information related to this incident.”
CareSource, an Ohio Medicaid provider, said in a statement that addresses, member IDs, and health conditions were among the personal details that could have been exposed during the attack.
Mike Fox, Chief Information Officer for OTP said, “OTP shut down its systems to prevent further problems. It rebuilt its systems to make sure all issues were fixed.”
Anyone with concerns or questions about the cyber-attack and their personal information can call 877-237-3894.
Companies affected by the data breach:
- Anthem Affiliated Covered Entities
- Common Ground Healthcare Cooperative
- Banner Medicare Advantage Dual
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
- MediSun, Inc. d/b/a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Advantage
- Health Choice Arizona, Inc
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina Commercial
- BMC HealthNet Plan / Well Sense Health Plan
- CareFirst Advantage
- Clover Health
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- EmblemHealth Plan, Inc.
- Florida Blue
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan
- HAP Midwest Health Plan
- Health First
- Health New England
- Health Plan of San Mateo
- Highmark Health
- Kaiser Permanente
- KS Plan Administrators, LLC
- MVP Health Care
- Pacific Source
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Plans
- Prime Time Health Plan
- Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
- Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah
- Regence BlueShield
- Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Inc.
- UPMC Health Plan
- Matrix Medical Network