WASHINGTON, D.C. — Today, the United States Department of Defense announced additional military assistance to Ukrainian military forces. The current package includes over $600 million worth of weapons.
Items included in the most recent aid package include:
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
- Four 105mm Howitzers and 36,000 105mm artillery rounds;
- Additional High-speed Anti-radiation missiles (HARM);
- 100 Armored High-Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWV);
- 1.5 million rounds of small arms ammunition;
- More than 5,000 anti-armor systems;
- 1,000 155mm rounds of Remote Anti-Armor Mine (RAAM) Systems;
- Additional grenade launchers and small arms;
- 50 armored medical treatment vehicles;
- Night vision devices and other field equipment.
The U.S. State Department also announced to Congress their intent to make $2 billion available for Foreign Military Financing: $1 billion to strengthen Ukraine’s security and $1 billion for Ukrainian regional partners.
In total, the United States has allotted over $15 billion in military aid to Ukraine since January of last year.
On Tuesday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky rang the opening bell, virtually, for the start of trading at the New York Stock Exchange. Zelensky asked American corporations to make investments in Ukraine to help rebuild industries destroyed by Russian forces.
“We are free. We are strong. We are open for business,” said the Ukrainian leader.
President Joe Biden will speak with allies today regarding the next steps in the continued support of Ukraine’s fight against Putin’s continued aggression in the region.