WASHINGTON COURT HOUSE, Ohio — The new branch will be located at 1501 Columbus Avenue will open on September 1, and will feature the Blue Lion Student-Run Credit Union. This program will be available at the Washington Court House High School, Middle School, Belle Aire Intermediate School, and Cherry Hill Primary School.
The Blue Lion Program consists of a full-service Atomic Credit Union branch inside the school. Our student-run credit unions are managed by students with the supervision of an Atomic employee. Student employees gain hands-on experience on how to run a branch, and they perform duties for the various positions available at a financial institution. Not only does this program teach valuable skills to the students working at their student-run branch, but it also gives all students real-life lessons in savings and finance. Some valuable skills include:
- Resume writing and interviewing techniques
- Professionalism and teamwork
- Developing responsibility and leadership skills
- Increasing student confidence
- Counting money efficiently
- Providing financial education classroom presentations
- Importance of having healthy savings habits
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Increase math skills and more
Only students are able to open an account, make deposits, and do withdrawals at our student-run credit union branches. Students are encouraged to open an account to save for events such as holiday gift giving, field trip expenses, college savings, or sporting activities.
Account applications are available and can be turned in at each student-run credit union branch. In addition, accounts can be opened at any Atomic Credit Union branch location or online under our “Open an Account” tab. Students under the age of 16 need a parent/guardian’s proof of identification and their Social Security number. If the student is already a member of Atomic Credit Union, it is not necessary to open another account.
- Atomic Credit Union gives you the first $2.00 for signing up.
- No minimum amount is required to open your savings account.
- Earn double interest for youth accounts.
- No fees for youth accounts.
- Free pouch organizer or savings register.
- Eligible to earn scholarships from Atomic Credit Union as a senior in high school.
Residents can open their new accounts online by clicking here, and then come see our new branch!